Birth Certificate In Ghaziabad
What is a use of Birth Certificate
Birth Certificate is the most important identity document as it establishes the date and facts of one's birth. Birth Certificate is required for availing several benefits offered by Government of India to its citizens like :
• Admission to School
• Acquiring right to vote
• Admission to Government Services
• Claiming right to marry at the legally permissible age
• Obtaining Government issued identity documents like Passport or Driving Licence
• Settlement of inheritance and property rights
BIRTH CERTIFICATE - THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK
In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969) to register every birth/stillbirth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence. The Government accordingly has provided a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the center and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
How to register birth in India or delhi ?
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF BIRTH
When the Birth has taken place in a house
The head of the house in which a birth has taken place or nearest relative of the head of the House or oldest person in the family or Anganwadi Sewika or Chawkidar should inform the concerned registrar
When the Birth has taken place outside the house
• When occurrence took place in a Sadar Hospital/Sub-Divisional Hospital/Medical College Hospital/Referral Hospital people will get certification of Birth from the same concern as the deputy superintendent of the hospitals and officers In-charge of referral hospital and PHCs are denoted as registrar for their jurisdiction.
• In Maternity Home and other like Institution: Medical officer In-charge is responsible to inform the occurrence to concerned Registrar and will obtain birth certificate from the registrar and hand it over the person. The medical officer In-charge can take a self addressed stamped envelop from the beneficiaries at the time of discharge of patient.
• In a Jail: Jail In-charge is informer.
• In a Dharmshala, click here Boarding House etc: Person In-charge is informer.
• In a Moving Vehicle: Person In-charge of the Vehicle is informer.
• Found deserted in a public place: Headman of the Village/In-charge of the local police station are informer.
• If a baby is born to a family who has come from a foreign country and has moved to India with the motive to settle down in India, the birth registration can be done within sixty days of their arrival to that place. It will be treated as if occurrence has been taken within 21 days.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR BIRTH CERTIFICATE
• Application on a prescribe form.
• Proof of Birth of the person in respect of whom the certificate is required.
• An Affidavit specifying place, date and time of birth of the person.
• Copy of Ration Card/School leaving Certificate
How to add name in birth Certificate ?
ADDITION OF THE NAME OF THE CHILD IN BIRTH RECORD
Within 1 year of the birth, the parents can get the name of their child added into the birth certificate without any fee from the registrar. An affidavit along with an application from shall be needed from the parents. After 1 year but within 15 years, the same can be added at the same registration unit, on payment of late fee and submission of an application form with affidavit.
CHANGES IN THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE
Correction in birth certificate in India or delhi ?
Changes in the birth certificate can be undertaken at same registration unit on a written request along with an affidavit and undertaking from the informant.
BIRTH CERTIFICATE PROCESS CITY WISE
For more information visit https://birthcertificate.in or call 09540005002